10 Oct The Author Talks: An Evening with Michael Rubbo
Date(s) - Wed Oct 10th 2018
6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Margaret Martin Library
Categories No Categories
Travels With My Art
Join award-winning filmmaker and artist Michael Rubbo as he discusses his book Travels With My Art, revealing a journey into his creative heart.
Michael’s voyage into painting was sparked during the making of his Emmy award-winning drama about Vincent Van Gogh – Vincent and Me, when, by necessity, he recreated 30 Van Gogh artworks in oils and discovered the delight of painting in plein air. The film’s cast included 114-year-old Jean Clamant, the world’s oldest actress – a woman who had encountered Van Gogh when she was aged 13.
Michael has written and directed over 50 films, including documentary, fiction and children’s feature films. He has been a Fulbright scholar, lectured at Harvard, helped found Film Australia and worked as head of ABC’s documentaries. Accompanied by a visual display, Michael will draw together two major complementary threads in his life – art and filmmaking, while affirming the important uplifting and healing role of creativity in our lives.
Find out more about Michael on his website www.michaelrubbo.com.au.
This is a free event. Books will be available for purchase (cash sales only).
Terms and Conditions:
- Your attendance at events supported by Randwick City Council may be digitally recorded through photographs and/or video recordings. Images may be used for promotional purposes on council’s websites, publications, social media or by newspapers. By attending this session you agree to these terms. If you do not wish your image (or the image of your child) to be published, please notify staff before the event.
- Bookings are essential and spaces are limited.
- Due to the safety and enjoyment of participants, we are unable to admit latecomers to the room after the start time.
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow the event to run on time.
- Patrons who fail to comply with the Terms and Conditions set out above will have their tickets cancelled.